I know it’s faith Wednesday but I have a point here. Trust me.
- Love them! I know that this seems like an obvious one but we can get caught up in just wanting a friend and our own problems that we forget to appreciate and show our love to them.
- Show a genuine interest in their life. It’s so easy to get caught up having that one friend that always listens to your problems (or you are that person) but I can guarantee that they have problems too and they want you to listen to them. This is so important to a healthy friendship.
- Pray for them. It is one of the easiest ways to help your friends. This is one of the most caring and thoughtful things you can do for them and you don’t even have to tell them.
- Be honest with them. How do you expect to really help them in life if you can’t be honest with them?
- Last but not least make time for them. I know life gets busy but I know from experience that if you don’t talk to each other regularly friendships will fade. But, if you are able to keep in touch and talk with each other then friendships can last years and years. For example my best friend and I are going on 7 years of friendship and even though I moved a state away we were able to skype and text and keep in touch and we are just as close of not closer than before.
I hope that these tips may be useful for you! I was inspired to write this by friend who wrote a similar post but more directed towards artist friends. You can read it here. If you have any more tips comment below! 😊
*original photo creds to photographer Arno Rafael and I added the text on the image.